What a year, what a year,
what a fearful and wonderful year...
Hurricanes raged, detours were endured, patience tested.
And loved ones were lost to us.............
Maybe this will be the year that we carry Christmas over into next week, next year, the rest of our lives....
Here is my New Year's wish list. It has nothing to do with presents, but everything to do with gifts:
1) That those who have will share with those who have not.
2) That talents will not be left buried, but invested and multiplied 10, 30, 100 fold.
3) That unkind words remain unsaid, and encouragement bubble from our lips like a fountain.
4) That faith, hope and love, replace anxiety, despair and hatred.
5) That good health be granted, fully appreciated and maintained.
6) That understanding be more important than being understood.
7) That needs be few, blessings abundant.
8) That laughter replace tears.
9) That peace reign.
This wish list is for me, my family, friends and loved ones, my community, the world. For you, whoever and wherever you are.
But lest you think me sanctimonious, I'd also really like:
10) Some champagne, cheesecake, and a really good back rub!
11) Some studio space...