Friday, September 13, 2013

Why Do You Love ________ Science?

Reader beware!  No cartoons here today, rather a point is about to be illustrated.  A very "colorful" point.





(Note: My profuse apologies to all people of sensitivity including, but not exclusively, my Critters, boss, pastor, little old lady next door and all my regular readers.  This is not my usual G- rated post.  If children are reading over your shoulder, you might want to ask them to leave the room.  No, I mean it.  Seriously.)








---------------scroll down--------------












Okay, last warning.  If you don't want to be offended, leave now...... or check out my former post Alternative Cusswords and Clean Getaways, which by the by, is really more my style.












---------------scroll down--------------

















Still here? Okay, you've been warned...












QUESTION?










The text formerly in this area has been removed by management.






Had enough? Me too.



I. Am. Sorry.  So terribly, terribly sorry.


No, I did not suddenly develop Tourrettes, though sometimes it seems the rest of the world has. What is this need consuming ordinary folks to litter speech and foul the air and cyberspace with constant profanity?  I just don't get it.

News Flash:  You're cool enough already!  Do you have to keep trying to prove it (to yourself maybe?) by using "adult" language?  Grow up and grow your vocabulary instead!

Time to start thinking about someone other than yourself.

For those of you convinced I'm just old fashioned and prudish, well, you might be right, though that's something I've attempted to cultivate rather than outgrow.  But do you at least get my point?  If not, then read this again, this time sans profanity:


Why do you  love "I Love _______ Science"?  Is it really any better than any other science website? Who cares if there is foul language in the title? Well, I do, that's who!  Because, I really love science, yeah! - just for what it is.  Do I want to be offended by foul languagevery time I go on Facebook or visit a website?! No!  So please......... just stop.


Profanity not needed.  'Nuff said.



Oh, and in case you're wondering --- I am the management. Now if only other powers that be would own up to their responcibilities, we might be able to enjoy cleaner internet and other media too...... 




No comments:

Post a Comment