Friday, September 16, 2011

Ordinary Angels - Part Three

Coming home I drove as far as Angels D&JD's (aka Auntie-In-Law and Husband's brother Trail Hiker) house, getting there just as I needed headlights to drive.  And a good thing too since, unfamiliar with the borrowed car, I couldn't remember how to turn the silly things on.  Angels watching over me...

After a subdued visit and a quiet night in the Orange Room, D packed me some sandwiches and snacks, and JD drove me back to the airport. 






A delayed Angel filled Gate C24 with the heavenly strains of Spanish Guitar. 

My return flights were uneventful.   And Mom's thoughtfulness covered gas and long-term parking.
  
 



**************** 


Though reports of devastation from  post-storm flooding filled the airwaves, I found the roads clear all the way to my own Backroad of Busted Mufflers.  That name is now an understatement.  Less than a mile from home, a 30'wide x 15'deep hole gaped across my way...

...but Angels had gone ahead.  Just before the looming pit was a detour - cut through a farmer's unused field to reroute traffic while a nearby bridge was rebuilt - two summers previous! 



**************** 



And then I was home, safe and sound, with my very own Angels....




...er, I mean Critters and Hubby. 


Thanks be to God.


(Angels continued to bless us as Hubby and Firstborn drove to the Midwest  and back a few days later following the passing of Hubby's special bro, Bones.  To our family there from those of us who had to remain behind {and to all of our family members on both sides in this sad time} our thoughts and prayers are always with you.)


****************

No comments:

Post a Comment