Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dirty Rotten Cheater

Not a label often applied to me, but there's a first (hopefully non-repeatable) time for everything.

I have a confession to make. Even though I committed to writing a post every day this month, I didn't do it.  I cheated.




Yesterday I wrote two.




This is not one of them.  The first of the two you may have already read - it's the post immediately preceding this one.  The second of them you may never get to read.  Not unless I work up the nerve to risk really offending you.  You see, not only am I a dirty, rotten cheater ---- I'm a chicken.  So you're getting this (freshly written today) totally bland and non-offensive post instead.

Guilty Conscience is my middle name. After all, I'm a mother and a Catholic to boot!  Any mother (or Catholic, for that matter) worth her salt wouldn't be entirely comfortable with herself if she wasn't feeling at least a little guilty about something, anything... everything.  Most of the time, guilt can be dealt with.  Thank goodness!

But the reason you're not getting to read the post I pre-wrote is not because of a guilty conscience, but a preference for a clear one. It is because, dear reader, I don't want you to think any less of me than you already may. (Not to be confused with "think of me less often" than you already may, in which case - how would I know?) Because of it's objectionable subject matter.  And no, I'm not gonna tell you what that is because someday I may decide my conscience be hanged!

Only one other person in the world has read that post so far, but I know Hubby loves me unconditionally.  Someday you may know me well and love me despite of it too.  And then you'll know that whether it ever gets posted or not, I have your best interest at heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment