Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Funny Valentine

What's black and white and red all over? 

My fingers from helping Bonus Baby rush job her unfiinished Valentines this morning!

We managed (with a little help from my Funny Valentine Husband) to complete the task with no tears and teeth brushed before heading out the door.  It's interesting... what started out as a fun project ended up, as is often the case, with me barking out instructions with withering patience.  Until Husband stepped in with his offer to assist with the labeling.  He didn't critique my manner or her handiwork, but rather, calmly provided a helping hand.  It wasn't much, but it was just enough.

That seems to be his way.

Yesterday's testing revealed nothing unusual, and no answers at all.  But Husband was right there with me, joking and soothing as we awaited our delayed surgeon, providing much needed comic relief.  Meeting his mischievous gaze (he has great eyes!) and enjoying playful banter was almost like being on a date.  While his ashes-smeared forehead reminded everyone who entered our little cubicle that Lent had begun, his evident love for me even after five Critters and twenty years of marriage was it's own powerful witness.

I love you, Funny Valentine - don't change a thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment