Friday, February 1, 2013

A Daily Dose

This morning I am issuing myself a challenge to post every day this month.  It is February after all, the shortest month of the year, and not even a leap year's extra day to contend with - I factored that in before commiting.  So... no guarantees that it will be in the morning, but let's see if I get farther with this than I did with the Nanowrimo challenge a few years back.... but hey!  I had an emergency appendectomy then, so cut me some slack!

************************************


In The Last Hour or so...



By the time I finish writing this (and making pictures, if you're lucky) it will probably be bedtime, but the title actually refers to how I spent my first waking hours this morning.  And no, I am not an excruciatingly slow writer, just a highly distracted one....

6:00 A.M. - Woke the Critters with kisses and attempted to dress a newly-five year old lump (a.k.a. Bonus Baby) who was "too tired for pulling clothes".  Settled down to a cup-o-joe (lovingly brewed by caffeine free Hubby) for all of two seconds before jumping up to help with breakfasts, packing lunches, locating stuff, refereeing a mild dispute, and getting them all out the door.  Sorry, Sweetie Petite-y, I forgot to write your permission slip.....





7:25Vantana is running, and everyone else is outside in the cold vehicle waiting, but Third Child is still sitting here trying to zip her boots.  I try unsuccessfully, then Hubby and Only Son venture back in and give it go, but nuthin' doing.  So, like Rosie the Riveter, I roll up my sleeves, and with SUPER MOMSTER effort do what no man has done before - I zip those boots!   I am woman, yada, yada,yada.... Two hours later, the dent is still in my finger, but hey!  Fashion has it's price.




7:30 - Waving goodbye out the window, I turn to see the open breadbox on the counter... and grief for my recently deceased father-in-law washes over me.  Weird, you say, but that breadbox was crafted just for me by the man that taught Hubby to be the man he is today....  Now I am a drippy mess, because that makes me think of my own father, and how much I miss them both.  May they rest in peace...




8-ish -  Combating grief, I turn to the mind numbing comfort of technology, and hop on the computer.  First, I take care of business - checking and answering email, thanking TEE for mailing back my lost earring (and including a package of spare earring backs: do they make those for lost trains of thought?), and scanning the morning headlines.  Two in particular, posted back to back, strike me:




Why Heart Attacks Increase in the Winter 


&



A Football Feast: 100 + Super Bowl Recipes







No joke! But that does make me think I need some nachos to supplement my coffee.....


So, after the serious business of the morning is accomplished, I am faced with a dilemma.  Should I go make bread  like I promised Hubby I would (and just told several people via email I was about to do), or fritter away time on FACEBOOK?





Hmmmm........















I'm thinking that bread baked later this afternoon would be a nice "fresh from the oven" treat at dinner tonight, don't you agree?


No comments:

Post a Comment